Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother Dear, I love you so...

"ONe, two, three strikes your out at the old...ball...game!" However, in T-ball, everybody wins! Isn't it great? Maxwell is just loving it! He loves the treats at the end of the game almost as much as hitting the ball off the "T" and running the bases.
Wickman mostly plays 2nd base and his bat is finally making some connection with the ball. He saved the game last week with a good base hit and then stealing all the way home! Way to go slugger!
"It is sweet to feel by what fine spun threads our affections are drawn together." Sterne My true love and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary last month with a night out at Dah'l and DeLuca up in Sedona. Each year I am amazed at how my love grows for Paul. He is an incredible husband and father. He always puts my needs before his and supports me in everything I do. I appreciate his patience with me and his unconditional love.
Thanks Keith and Kathie for babysitting so that we could go!

We enjoyed a sweet visit with Paul's parents last month when they stopped by for 6 days on their way to California. Keith worked his tail off building shelves in my new food storage closet and he fixed broken things around the house. Kathie was wonderful company, plus she helped with the laundry, the food prep and babysitting. I think I have the best in-laws in the whole world. We hope they come back soon!

Meet Mr. Bumbo. I absolutely adore his little curled toes! The seat he is sitting in is called a Bumbo, thus ...his nickname. Syrelle crowned him king of all the land when she placed this potato salad container on his head.
The Queen of Hearts, she made some tarts, all on a spring time day. The Lil' and Relle of hearts ate those tarts and cleaned the plate away. Natalie made arrangements for the Queen (our dear friend) to come and read stories and each lunch and tarts with us. The girls had so much fun.

Tennessee is 5 1/2 months old now...almost 6 months! And yes, he is irresistable.

Natalie hosted her anual Cinqo de Mayo party. We couldn't resist a chance to dress up and enjoy some Mexican food. Nat is always up for a good time!

"I shall never forget my mother, for it was she who planted and nurtured the first seeds of good within me." Immanuel Kant

We were so fortunate to be blessed by the presence of my mother on Mother's Day. For anyone who knows her, she is such a joy to be around. She brings laughter, love and happiness where ever she goes. She is my inspiration..."strong and steadfast, and generous as the sun". DH Lawrence

The school hosted a MOTHER'S Day Tea in which my mother was able to attend with me. The kids quoted poems, sang songs and served up cookies and punch to all the mothers. On the actual Mother's Day, Paul and the older kids made a fabulous breakfast and dinner and spoiled me with all sorts of gifts. Some of my favorites were the talk Shipley gave in church that day and the homemade cards and gifts.
Shipley took her final in ballroom dance class, competing against the Cottonwood campus and took an overall 3rd place! Way to go Ship! She has really enjoyed learning all of the varieties of dance and even took a Hip Hop dance class with Wickman after school for a few months. They made their first debut at the Verde Valley Fair a few weekends ago.
Maxwell took the top off the sprinkler box yesterday and found a new friend that he calls FRED. He is the biggest toad that they have ever seen or caught in our yard. They played around with him a bit before I made them put him back in his home to continue eating all the bugs. What a handsome fellow! I am sure he is a prince!

7 comments:

Liz Green said...

It was so much fun to read your post and get some updates of your busy lives in Camp Verde. You may live in a small town, but boy do you guys know how to party. How fun to have visitors. Way to go Ships on getting 3rd place in finals. Love you guys and miss you like crazy!

Emily P said...

Love the update! All the kids are getting big and Tennessee is so dang cute. I just love the picture of my mom and him. Darling!

Ali said...

Your updates bring us so much happiness! That Tennessee is nothing short of irresistible. We're excited to meet him (!!!!) soon and see and play with the rest of the family!

Congrats to your kids on each of their accomplishments! You all are a great example to our family :) I'm happy your Mom was surrounded by the cute Taylors on Mother's Day. What a treat!

BnK said...

Love the pics. Way to be all cute with your blogging. I liked the bigger words and the different colors. -Betty

Anonymous said...

So fun to see all your Taylor Happenings. Goodness we miss you all so much. You and Paul are such a stunning couple. Happy Summer!!!

Nancy Page said...

Sara,
I can't believ those chuncky legs of Tennessee sitting in the bumbo. He is darling.
I love the new pictures that you guys took. They look so good.
And happy anniversary! Paul is awesome! But, so are you, too. I haven't blogged in forever and I've been so so so busy teaching swim lessons that I started crying a little after looking at your blog and remembering good old Camp Verde. I really miss you guys and I love to see pictures of all your happenings. Love you!
Nancy

Unknown said...

Sara -

I am so far behind in my emailing . I almost missed your blog. It is wonderful. Good job. Could I get a copy of that darling picture of Tennesee for my wall?

You are the best.

Kathie