Sunday, April 22, 2012

Unusual Incidents

 Shipley decided to try something new this year...track.  She has come a long way since the beginning of the season.  As you can see here at her last meet, she is in the lead.  She got first place in this race!  We are so proud of her.
 Ready...set.....go! She competed in the 100, hurdles and the 4 X 4 relay.
 There is a Nike motto that I am living by this week....  "Just do it".  I have been waiting many years to get my big and perfect yard to have chickens.  Well, the years of waiting have come to an end.  These are my new babies.  I am usually pregnant by now if I were to follow the pattern that I have been living for the last 12 years or so.  Since that is not happening (and on purpose), I thought I am filling that need for a new baby in the housewith  3 sets of twins.  Two Rhode Island Reds, two Americanas, and two Black Longhorns.  Aren't they cute?  No poppy diapers to change either.  Just poppy newspapers.  I am trying to build a chicken coop.  That should be interesting:)  But I'm going to "just do it"!
 We've got a curious kitty.  So far, so good.  He's just got his eye on the chicks for now.

 They've got plenty of love.  There is one for each of the kids.
 Last Thursday Max crossed the path of a swinging baseball bat.  The criminal fled the scene at the baseball field.  I can't blame him.  There was blood everywhere.  Thanks to an efficient and calm Little League staff at the park, we had him taped up and almost good as new within minutes. He's got a beautiful shade of purple on his eyelid and I know he'll have a great scar too.
Here Tennessee is showing off his ostrich bite.  We were at a friend's house last week enjoying the nice weather and admiring their goats.  Mid sentence of me asking if the ostrich bites, he reached down and pulled on Tennessee's little fingers.  I think it scared him more than anything.  That night in his prayers he asked Heavenly Father to please make sure the ostrich didn't eat him.  I was in stitches.  He might have just scratched his hand on the metal fence as he struggled to pull it free from the grip of the ostrich's beak, but it is way cooler to say that he was bit by an ostrich.

2 comments:

Liz Green said...

Way to go Shipley! How fun that you have baby chicks. Wish we could drop by to see them. Miss you guys and hope to see you soon.

Nancy Page said...

Sara! YAH! You got chickens. I'm sure you'll love them. We did. We just had to sell our because of the move and I miss them already. And tell Max that "chicks dig scars" if you haven't already! WE love you guys and miss you!