Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hip, hip hooray!

"I know the sum of all that makes a man-a just man-happy, consists in the well choosing of his wife..." Massinger . I do believe Brent Jensen has chosen extremely well. My littlest sister Katie was sealed for time and all eternity to her true love on August 14, 2008. We had the privilege of being able to attend this blessed union and enjoy their lovely reception and a splendid time with family and friends. Even though I have visited the Salt Lake temple many times, I am struck by it's beauty every time I step on the temple grounds. It is a magnificent structure, but I think part of what make it so magnificent is the sacrifices that were made by the early saints in building this great house of the Lord.While we waited for Katie and Brent to come out of the temple, I noticed the love that miraculously surfaced between my children. I think it was the spirit of just being on the temple grounds. This is one cherished moment.Some how, it also brought out good hygiene habits. We visited the dentist early that day and Maxwell brought along his floss. You can see that Max and Wickman got pumped up to floss their teeth. Thanks uncle Nick!The groom's cake was already 1/2 gone as well as the wedding cake by the time I got over there with my camera. My mom made them both and did a fabulous job. They were delicious and beautiful. These are my two beautiful younger sisters whom I love dearly. It is so much fun that we are friends now. I am hoping they have forgiven me for being such a bossy sister when we were younger.
Poor little Cecelia was throwing up all throughout the wedding day. She is so close with Katie and had been looking forward to this day for a long time. She was sad and miserable for all of the family pictures. Unfortunately, I don't think she'll remember much of this day. She finally dozed off during the reception with her throw up bag in hand.Paul and Wickman got to go on a daddy/son outing on the scooter to see a movie that they ended up walking out on. I am grateful for a husband with such high standards and for his great example he sets for our children.
My cute nephew, Andy Neff, gave a wonderful farewell talk on the Sunday we were there. He is headed off to serve in the West Indies on a mission for our church. He is setting such a great example for all of his younger cousins and friends and he will be an amazing missionary because of his Christ like love for everyone and because of his strong testimony of the gospel. We enjoyed a fun day of boating with my family and a fun day at the swim club with the Taylor cousins. Cute Grandma Flegal let us stay in her basement while we were there. We enjoyed spending a little more time with her than we would have otherwise. All in all, our trip was too short, but we were grateful for it. For my dear friends and family that have blogs, I was spending a lot of time reading your updates...a little too much time. I decided to prioritize my life and unfortunately blogging is lower on the totum pole than I would like it to be, so I haven't been able to keep up with your lives as much as I would have hoped. I still love you very much even though I am not a frequent visitor on your blogs as of late. I hope you will understand. Much love.












11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara,
What a beautiful display of family! The photos of your kids at the temple made me smile so big. You are such a great example to me. Hugs to you!

Ali said...

We love, love, love your family. Being with them was the highlight of the trip for Andrew. He has had a lot of exposure to my nieces and nephews, but nothing compares to how highly he speaks of your children. Seriously, he's smitten with them (as am I).That's cool you were able to be there for Andy's farewell. He such a good kid. He'll be the best missionary.

The Grandy's said...

Hey, I was at the Salt Lake Temple the same time you were! My brother in law got married there the same day your sister did. Too bad I missed you. I love seeing your adorable children.

Emily said...

I so wish that we could have been up in SLC when Katie got married. It would have been a wonderful opportunity to see many family members in a short period of time, so it would have been easy. Oh well. What was the movie they went to see? Just curious so that I don't waste my time and money on something inappropriate.

Scoutmaster said...

What a fun blog. I don't get to read too many but I really enjoyed seeing the love you have for your siblings. We love you and your family so much!!!!!
Bubba

AmberLou said...

Hi Sara, Paul, and cute Family... This is Amber (Goodman) Bowen. I found your blog off of Ali's and had to take a peek! I can't believe how grown up your kids are! It looks like you and your fam have a blast all of the time! I love all the pictures you have taken! I am expecting my first baby... She is due September 19th. Matt and I are anxiously awaiting her arrival! You should visit our blog at www.matthewandamberlou.blogspot.com. I'm glad to see that all is well with your cute family. Take Care.

Dandi said...

I can't believe how big all your kids are getting!! You have such a beautiful family. I just wanted to say hi!

Suz said...

You have a beautiful family Paulie!!!

I sure miss you.

Suz

The Thompson Times said...

Sara,

For some reason I don't have your email or your phone number so I am resorting to your blog.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a wonderful day. It was great seeing you a few weeks ago.

Lots of love,
Kara

Natalie said...

What a great trip - I'm still sad we weren't able to attend. The SLC temple is miraculous & I also am amazed whenever I walk the temple grounds.

Holl Doll said...

Hey Sara!

Your pictures are just so cute! It was so great to see you and your cute family both at Katie's reception and at the dinner at Grandma's! It was fun to visit with you. I miss ALL my cousins sooo much! (((hugs))) Love ya bunches, Hollie