Sunday, August 3, 2008

A crocodile and a birthday boy

Maxwell turned 4 on July 29th and had his first ever friend birthday party and we had over a couple of kids from his primary class for dinner and cake. Earlier in the week he had watched a home video of his 1st birthday and how he kept wiping his finger across the frosting. We all thought it was so cute at that age, however we failed to tell him that at age 4, it is not kosher to keep double dipping with his fingers all over the cake that we were about to feed his guests. One of our weaker theme parties this weekend was "Itsy bitsy spider". We watched Spiderwick and had these spider web ice cream desserts. I know the web would have turned out better if I used that syrup that hardens, but we made the best with what we had. The movie was a little scary for max and syrelle. Shipley dressed Syrelle up as one of the little fairies from the movie. I think she makes an absolutely adorable fairy.
Shipley had her big Cottonwood Invitational swim meet on Saturday. She had to be there at around 7 am and it ended around 3 pm. It was a long, hot day but that didn't slow Shipley down. Competing against 4 different teams, Shipley came away with one 2nd place medal, two 3rd place medals and one over all 3rd place trophy for winning the most points for her team, the crocodiles. We are so proud of her. Her coaches are awesome and have every confidence that Shipley could go far with her talents. Way to go Shipley!

7 comments:

Linda Larson Flegal Prince said...

Hi, Sarah..... I don't have your email address and would like to invite you to our family to Thanksgiving dinner in Arizona. Richard and I will be flying home the Monday before and then will drive to Arizona where our family will get together on Thanksgiving day. I don't know what you have planned but we would love to have you with us. Could you respond to me at my email address lindafprince@yahoo.com? That would be great. Love ya, Aunt Linda

SAM and RACHEL said...

o my! those are all my little nursery kids! i almost didn't recognize the cook boy (i definatly cant tell which one he is) and eden and afton! they are so big....thanks for posting that one...

Emma said...

hey sara! ita Emma from cca! i hoe all is well! wow you have a swimmer on you hands! i did swim team for like 10 years it is so much fun! im in utah working full time saving up money to go on a mission! i hope all is well in Arizona!

Natalie said...

max has the cutest smile - in the friends picture it is evident that he is on cloud nine! i bet they had a great time. was "spiderwick" good? it looked kinda scary to me, so i'm not surprised it got to max and rel! your themed parties are so fun - what a great family you have!

Emily said...

Happy birthday to Maxwell and way to go Shipley! You have great kids!

Colton said...

Whatever, your themed parties are a great idea. Its not like your kids know how nerdy they are. Just kidding ;) If its any consolation, I was quite frightened by The Spiderwick Chronicles, myself.

And good job to Shipley. If I remember correctly, I played a role a long time ago to help her learn her swimming techniques. Or maybe that was just the Prince kids. I just want her autograph when she goes to Beijing.

Mike Flegal said...

Congrats shipley.. i had no idea!!
it was so good to see you all last week.. LOVE YOU