"Oh Cecelia... you're breakin' my heart...." She lost her 2nd tooth on Saturday night!
Monday, October 6, 2008
Monumentous moments
We enjoyed a lovely afternoon on Friday with our dear friends and family at the picnic area at Montezuma's well. The weather was perfect and so was the company. I want you to carefully look at Syrelle as this is a before picture.
This is the after picture. After what? We couldn't quite figure that out for a while. If you didn't notice, her bottom lip is so swollen! When we got home from the birthday party we attended after the park, we took one look at her and thought she might have eaten something and had an allergic reaction. After some Benedryll and a few hours, we could see the that the affected area was what appeared to be a bite or a sting of some sort. Poor thing!
There is another before and after picture to come.....
"Oh Cecelia... you're breakin' my heart...." She lost her 2nd tooth on Saturday night!
When Paul was out of town last week, I had to teach "the swing" to the mutual kids at their 50's dance. I roped Wickman in to being my date. We had a fun time dancing together.
Max and Relle expressed themselves through mud art last week. Little did they know they were also getting a beauty treatment at the same time!
This is the other before picture. My little Dutch boy turned...
Missionary!!! (He seems a little unsure doesn't he).
Tah dah! Doesn't he look handsome? Several people say that he looks like a little Wickman. I beg to differ. He does have the same haircut, but a look all his own.
About a month ago I told Max that it was time he learned to ride a bike without training wheels. He said, "Okay" and we headed out with helmet in hand and the little pink D.I. bike that all our kids have learned to ride on. After the first crash he ran inside, angry at me for letting him fall and promised he would never try that again. Well, on saturday he asked if I would go out and practice his bike riding with him. "Of course!" I exclaimed. We walked up the street a couple of houses. (I put my hand securely on the back of the seat this time, determined to not let go). A few seconds after he started riding he told me to let go. "Are you sure?" I asked. "YES!" he replied. And off he went pedaling away like a pro, like he had been riding a bike for months! I couldn't belive it! Here is the proof.
"Oh Cecelia... you're breakin' my heart...." She lost her 2nd tooth on Saturday night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Poor lips! She is darling both ways and so is Maxwell and his new hair-cut.
Wow, I'm not even going to recognize Maxwell with his new hair-do. It looks great, though!
And poor Syrelle, it reminds me of a campout that I went on once where this kid got stung on the face by a wasp. It was spectacular.
What a pro!! Way to go Maxwell! I love the mud pictures. How hilarious. Eliza would have loved to have been in on that action. Wickman is such a handsome little man and we are a fan of Maxwell's new haircut. What a cute, cute family!
that poor little p-nut. I just hurt to see her lip all puffy like that..
tell everyone unca mike loves em!
see you soon i hope!
wow max, what a good teacher he must have had! :)
Way to go Max. I love to see how independent and confident children become so fast. The Mud pictures are great. Is that their Halloween costume?
Isn't it the best when they learn to do something so big? I love to see the self confidence exude from them. Tru just learned to ride without his training wheels as well and loves it!
Poor relle. Way to go max
I saw Maxwell in church and it took me a few minutes before I realized that it was him. He sure looks handsome with his new cut! Your kids are all such good looking little people.
Poor Syrelle! Bless her heart. OK, Max is too cute and I still say he is the spitting image of Paul when he was a kid. Judging from the pics, I'd say the personality fits too. Miss you!
Post a Comment