I apologize for the delay on the blog update. I am just nervous about my new camera and want to make sure I download the pictures correctly. The top story for January is the wretched dog bite Syrelle received several weeks ago when she went next door to visit our neighbor's Dachshund. I just learned yesterday at the library that Dachshund can be temperamental and sometimes feisty. That would have been nice to know several weeks ago. Wickman took Syrelle over to the neighbor's backyard (with their permission) to pet the dog. He said that she came at the dog from behind to pet him and he turned around and bit her. For those of you who have been awaiting the picture......here it is.
We think the scratches down her cheek are the dogs teeth marks and then he found something to dig into when he got down to her chin. There was quite a deep puncture wound underneath that wouldn't stop bleeding, so we just butterflied it closed. She has healed up nicely, but if you massage the puncture wound, it feels like a little knot in there. Moving on to better and brighter subjects, Wickman turned 9 in December. His cake is split in two because we took it to share with the scouts that night at a den meeting.
We enjoyed a snow day with the Princes and the Behrmann's right before Christmas. We went up to Flagstaff and boy was it cold and windy! The kids had a fun time with their cousins though.


Cecelia loves to eat the snow more than she likes to sled on it!

Disguised in the front as a snow bunny is Syrelle and then Max and me. If you look in the background, you'll see Shipley, Bailey and Maddie. This next picture is the reason we packed up and went home. Maxwell's hand was so cold after this crash, he couldn't stop crying. Poor Max.
Cecelia loves to eat the snow more than she likes to sled on it!
Then.... there was Christmas. It was a very quiet and wonderful day. Can you feel the love? The kids enjoyed exchanging some homemade gifts and then...
enjoying this amazingly extra large box of chocolates that Paul gave Syrelle. I have never seen a box of chocolates this big in my entire life. Syrelle is sitting on my lap right now and when she saw this picture, she immediately asked if she could could have one. She chose wisely...coconut!
As many of you know, Paul and I exchange homemade gifts each year. We are not supposed to spend and money. We saw a cabinet in Germany at a flee market that I wanted...and I know I have a picture of it somewhere...but we couldn't bring it home so Paul made it for me. He did a phenomenal job. We bought the handle at the same flee market.
These right here are the best gifts I could ever ask for. They are "my joy and my song". I feel very blessed to have such wonderful kids and such an amazing husband.
Santa brought Shipley and ear piercing certificate. We went to Walmart to get it done and the technician missed her target so she had to pull it out and do it again. OUCH!!! Shipley's ear bled and bled. She came out alright in the end.
Next report: Pinewood Derby...
Next report: Pinewood Derby...




5 comments:
HOOOOOOORAY. You posted. Thank you so much. I have missed their cute faces. So much you have no clue.
Flee market sounds about right. I know I want to flee.
I would be so mad at that dachshund. The only thing those dumb weiner dogs are good for is coyote bait.
And that Wal*Mart person should be fired, they butchered Madalyn's ears, too, didn't they?
Sorry this is such a negative response. The snow looked like fun!
Ok, i am definatley NOT going to Wal-mart to get Afton's ears peirced. You and Tara both had crapy piercing people. Cute snow pictures and we are glad that Syrelle is feealing much better. She's a trooper.
Oh my goodness! I can't believe poor little Syrelles face- Looks like you had fun in the snow. Sure miss you!
Poor Syrelle, I'm glad that she's doing better. Other than the frozen hand that poor Max had. . . it looks as though the sledding was fun. We enjoyed the light dusting this morning here. Happy late birthday to Wickman. I love how sweet and simple your Christmas' seem to be. Makes me want to rethink how ours goes. :)
Post a Comment