Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Swim Meet and a Birthday






Shipley and Wickman competed in their first swim meet for the season last week up in Prescott. Shipley came away with 2 4th place ribbons and a 3rd place. Wickman got his very first 1st place ribbon in the butterfly event! Has anyone ever tried that stroke? It is pretty difficult. He also got a 2nd and 3rd place ribbon. We are very proud of them both. Shipley had a very fun party with 9 of her friends. We played a bunch of water ballon games and then ended with this funny game where you stand behind your partner and try to apply lipstick. Maxwell had to help her blow all of her candles out and help her open presents. I think he is a little bit excited for his birthday in a couple of weeks. Back to the lipstick game....Taryn was Shipley's partner. They giggled and giggled. They both left for girl's camp today and will be gone 5days! I can't believe my little girl is 12. Paul and I took her out for a special dinner in Sedona last night. We went to a Thai restaurant that was delicious. She also spent her first Sunday in young women. Yes, this is a milestone birthday. I'll miss her this weekend.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Congratulations to your fantastic swimmers and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIPLEY!!! I can't believe she is a beehive and already off to girls camp! Her expression in the lipstick picture is identical to a face that Andrew makes. She is absolutely beautiful, as are all of your children.

Can't wait to see you!

Nancy Page said...

And she's so beautiful, too.
Tell, Wickman that's great on his butterfly. it's hard not to get disqualified for the wrong kick when you're young.