Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ka-ka-ka-Katie, beautiful Katie

Okay, so I've been wanting to put together a slide show on my blog because I had so many cute pictures to share and I didn't want to give you all carpal tunnel by having to scroll down through them all. Day after day passed and I decided I had just better post them as is, so here we go! Put on your seat belts as we go on a high speed adventure through our last couple of weeks. It all starts out with a wonderful weekend of general conference. We missed Saturday's sessions due to conflicting soccer games, but enjoyed Sunday's early session at our house via internet and then went to Tammy Behrmann's for our bi-annual Sunday brunch. It was delicious, despite Maxwell's facial expression of, "I am about to barf!" I think he ate one to many sausages.

To move or not to move, that was the question. After much consideration, we have decided to remain in Arizona for at least 2 more years. We feel good about our decision although we miss our family in Utah terribly! We've been searching for greener pastures to help us endure our final stretch here in the desert. As you can see, our pasture is brown.
We were so super thrilled that my youngest sister Katie spent some of her spring break with us. We went to Montezuma's Well picnic area and ate cookies,

Hung out

ate more cookies,
caught caterpillars,

played woofle ball,


golf,



soccer, and played in the water. We wished the afternoon never ended.

Then the next day, we went and spoiled all the fun and tried to take some photos of the kids. Any of you with small children know that it goes against some law of nature that all your children can be smiling and looking at the camera at the same time.
We took off and went hiking up Cathedral Rock in Sedona. It is one of our favorite hikes we have found up there. You get to scale the red rocks and enjoy the amazing views. Maxwell made it the entire way up and down!
It is amazing what a donut bribe can accomplish. We made it to the top!

Don't stare at this photo too long because you'll notice how incredibly beautiful Katie looks (although we captured a look of "Am I glad to be doing this?") compared to a no make-up, hair slicked back into a pony tail gal.

Syrelle worked so hard to get up the mountain!
The best part of the hike was on top when Katie made Syrelle laugh so hard over and over.
We couldn't resist throwing in a little comic relief. The following video is of Syrelle's 1st birthday cake extravaganza. It is a moment I look forward to with each child.



5 comments:

Ali said...

What a fun post! I loved seeing a photo of your house. I didn't know what it looked like. We desperately need to come down and visit your sweet family. Eliza LOVED watching Syrelle dive into her birthday cake. I can't wait to get these two girls together in a few weeks. We love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

I can't stand it. I am going to move down there. I can't even look at your kids without the desire to pack a lunch and drive down there. I can't wait for thanksgiving.

Natalie said...

Sara,
I loved the video footage of Syrelle's first birthday. She's so cute. I wish I could've gone and played with you guys at the well -maybe next time...

Emily P said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving. Maybe Syrelle will teach Ruby to walk. Love you guys-Emily

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! We are glad you are staying at least for awhile so we can see you here and there when we visit. The video of Syrelle is adorable and your kids are such big helpers. It is great to hear your voices! Wish I was there to hike in the cool weather and beautiful red rock mountains. Thanks for sharing. Hugs to you all.