Strollermania!
I just had to capture this memory of Maxwell
pushing Syrelle in her stroller because he loves
to do it. Anytime we are walking anywhere he asks
to push her. She is very patient with the bumps
and sudden stops that come with her unlicensed
3 year old driver.
We started the Halloween festivities on Monday night bycarving our pumpkins into spooooky
jack-o-lanterns
and roasting up our pumpkin seeds for a yummy snack.
HOWDEEDOODY TIME!
(Excuse the spelling. That show was before my era, although I do remembering donning a Howdy Doody t-shirt as a youngster,
and I am not sure that it even had anything to do with Cowboys and farmers).
As you can see, our theme this year was
Life on the Farm.
Paul didn't have time to change into his overalls
when he got home from work and Cecelia had her
heart set on wearing her red dress and cowgirl hat, thus
we intermixed the farmers with the ranchers (or square dancers; Paul is wearing his Grandpa Taylor's old square dancing shirt).
something leaner and meaner and cuter! After cleaning out the kids drawers, I came across a multitude of black soccer shorts. The inner recylcler inside of me shouted,
"You could make Maxwell's cow costume out of these!"
So, I did! With a snip, snip here and a
tuck, tuck there,
I managed to pull it all together in a few short hours. Max was such a good sport! He was honest with me and said that he didn't like the pink part on his shorts(the pink felt with the bottle nipples). However I convinced him that he would get a lot of candy by sporting this costume!
I could see the envy in his eyes as he saw the other little boys dressed
as spider man and superman, but this experience will build character, right?
Paul helped him get into cow mode by having him mooing at the doors they trick-or-treated at. Just a funny side note: Syrelle kept trying to pull
off the bottle nipples while we were a the library's costume party and successfully accomplished her goal. When we got home I had to sew them on securely so that they would stay.
Got Cookies?
Hey there partners! Have you every seen such
a cute pair of farmers?




7 comments:
I've been patiently waiting to see your darling family in their Halloween costumes. Maxwell is a good sport to go as a cow. I personally thought it was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. I loved the cowboys and wanted to give a hug to the sweet bunny! We are counting down the days until we see you.
TOTALLY cute pictures of your noodles sara.. I love all their costumes. I too cant wait for you guys to get here. I will see what I can do to get more time off to hang with you guys.. I cant wait to see you!!
xo
mike
Wow! You are quite the costume maker. I love how your family always has a theme. Wish I could be there to enjoy the party.
Sara- you are so inventive! What a great family you have! Pauls shirt cracks me up!
Hey Sara bell. I was so excited to find your blog. I decided one of the reasons why I like staying in Camp Verde while Caleb is away training is because I get to hang out with you guys. I love you and your family. I don't know if I have ever told you what a great example you have been to me. Thanks for all you do.
You MADE that cow costume? You are a genius.
hey Sara, I'm not really sure how i found you, but here I am! (bishop Finch's daughter) Your blog is so cute and so are your kids. I can actually relate to the swim suit missing, but we won't go there. You guys seem to love the outdoors, I wish I had the energy to do that right now, maybe when McKenna doesn't want to sleep all day! keep up the good blog! Dawn
Post a Comment