Monday, April 28, 2008

Easter Chicks, Central Park and Bratwurst

Okay, so I can't believe that is has been almost 2 months since my last blog update. Since then, our kids won dyed easter chicks at the town Easter celebration and we have already given them a new home (thanks Prince family). They were fun for a while, but they were messy and Syrelle loved on them a little too much. Paul isn' t really a "fowl" person either.Syrelle was sick on Easter sunday, so her and I missed out on church, but she did don her new dress for a quick photo shoot.


ONE "ENCHANTED" DAY
On our way over to Germany to visit Paul's parents on the their mission, we stopped in New York to see Liz, Mark and new little Truman. We were able to enjoy an enchanting afternoon in Central Park picnicing and rowing in the lake near Bethesda Fountain. Jezelle wasn't singing in the back ground, but the lyrics of "show her you love her" were running through my mind as we rowed across the lake.
Unfortunately, Liz left behind Truman's diaper bag and didn't get to enjoy the park with us. He is a cutie pie! I have never put together a slide show on a blog, but I wanted to share quite a few of our pictures from our trip, so her goes nothing! Okay, so it posted on a different entry, but I did it! Enjoy! (side note to young parents: 11 days is way too long to be away from your kids) Special thanks to Nanna who came down for 2 weeks to babysit so we could enjoy our trip without worry and to Mike and Bubba for coming down to assist as well and to anyone else who had a hand in helping to make this trip possible. Also a special thanks to Mike for sharing his buddy passes with us so we could afford to go and thanks to Ali and Andrew for introducing us to the coolest family in Germany and for making arrangements for our accommodations in Landshut. I have the best family in the world!

4 comments:

Colton said...

I would just like to say "You're welcome!" I was just thrilled to be a part of making your vacation a reality.

But seriously, that sounded awesome. You two look like you had a great time, I'm super jealous.

See you in three weeks! Yeah, Camp Verde!

Emily said...

Your girls looked so pretty in their Easter dresses. New York looks beautiful. Man, I really need to go somewhere in my life before I break down and cry that everyone else is having the adventures I only dream of!

The Gubler Fam said...

cute family with the chicks!! Beautiful daughters with their father!! And I was really imagining Gissel singing in the background just looking at the pic. I bet you had so much fun with Paul!! I would love a vaca right now!!

SAM and RACHEL said...

aww....i miss you guys! tell your family hi for me!
-rachel