Thursday, June 19, 2008

Crazy hair day every day

I want to apologize for this obnoxious song that keeps coming on every time you long on. I don't know how to take it off or change it. I am hoping that it will get bumped off soon. Maxwell's hair gets a little bit crazy after swimming. He put on his favorite swimming trunks at the end of May and hasn't taken them off since (except for church. I had to draw the line somewhere). I've been able to sneak in 1 washing I think. He always finds them in the dirty clothes basket and puts them back on. They double as shorts and pajamas.
Isn't this the cutest bat you have ever seen? Shipley, Wickman and Cecelia participated in Mazula Children's Theater's production of "Snow White". It was a little bit different, but still basically the same story line.
Shipley was a fox from the forest and.......
Wickman starred as Tamborine (Dopey) ,one the seven dwarfs. He was very funny. Most of his lines were, "OH YEAH!"
Father's Day was quiet, well.....not really. The kids seemed to be extra hyper that day for some reason. We decoupaged a shoe box for Paul to keep notes and pictures from the kids in. As he is on the scout committee, he also got a scout leader shirt. Hip, hip hooray! What an awesome father he is for our children. I feel so blessed.
You'll remember the last blog with Cecelia and Max sitting in cardboard boxes. Well, their imaginations don't stop there. They found these pieces of wood, decorated them with stickers and pretended that they were their guitars. Maxwell's facial expressions while he was pretending to play were hilarious. Our sweet friends gave the kids this airplane teeter totter when they moved. The kids have played on it everyday.


Meet "mad Max"(although he doesn't look very mad). This was his costume for our last minute pirate party that Paul organized for our family. He picked up some fish sticks, pirate punch (Hawaiian punch), shrimp and fish eyes (peas). After our feast, we watched Pirates of the Caribbean 3 in our costumes. I pulled out Grandma Zelda's old blouse out of the dress-ups for Paul to wear. Super snazzy! I thought it made a perfect Pirate shirt. The chest hair and earring made the outfit complete.




8 comments:

SAM and RACHEL said...

sara...i love the creativity in your family! you guys always have so much fun....miss ya

Colton said...

Mazula? That makes it sounds like it is some Aztec ritual or something, not a city in Montana. I hope they didn't sacrifice any children.

And at least Maxwell is wearing clothes.

Emily said...

How fun to have a fun little party like that for just you guys! What a cute idea. i may have to steal it. well, isn't that what pirates do?
The Missoula experience was funny. During the play, every time Wickman said,"oh, yeah" the twins repeated it several times. It was fun. How is Missoula spelled anyway?

S. and A. Millar said...

Your kids did a great job in the play, Brooklyne had fun participating in that also! Paul makes a great pirate, thats a fun idea! Oh about your song that keeps coming on, its conected to your germany slide show, so if you change the boarder around it, it should get rid of that song. Hope that works for ya! You can pick just boarders with out the music conected to it.

Natalie said...

You come up with the cutest ideas! What a fun family - I love that we are related!!! We just need to do more together!

Liz Green said...

You guys really know how to party harty and keep the family united. I love Paul's costume. Wish we lived closer and could hang out with our kid(s). I agree, we need to do better at keeping in touch.

Stockbridge Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suz said...

Maxwell reminds me of this little boy I grew up with. It is almost scary how much he looks like Paul.