Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Birthdays, Goblins and the Feast

Cecelia, Relle and Max all rode on the A.H.A. float for the Fort Verde Days parade.
Maxwell got all dressed in his country digs to participate in the "Mutton Bustin' " (the sheep ride), but location was different from last year, so we got there too late for him to participate. Maybe next year.

Paul was out of town, so I got the privilege of taking Syrelle out to breakfast at Denny's. She got a lot of comments on how cute she looked in her princess dress. She ate all 3 chocolate chip pancakes. I can't believe she is four! She is such a sweetheart and a real joy to be around. My favorite thing about her is her smile and her love for her dad. She has him wrapped around her finger.
Shipley and Mariah decorated her birthday cake. She wanted an Ariel cake. Walla!



Every child needs a picture like this for their scrapbook, so here is Tennessees. He is just learning to feed himself. Doesn't he do a great job?


For Spirit week at school, there was a crazy hair day. The kids got a little "crazy" with the blue.




Nanna, Syrelle bought this horse with the birthday money that you gave her. She loves it. It was fun for her to be able to go and pick out what she wanted.
And now, for the costumes. .... thanks Nat for putting Syrelle's costume together.

Peace brother!
In case you can't tell, Olive Oil, Sweet Pea and Popeye. We won 2nd place for couples costume at the stake activity.
Wickman taped this quarter to the back of his football uniform, making him a "quarter back".

Wickman spent one morning fashioning this ....I can't remember what he called it. A jet pack maybe? He had to take it off after a few mintues due to the weight, but not before testing it in the back yard jumping off of the 1/2 wall. Rocket man! We enjoyed a week of Keith and Kathie coming down and being with us. The boys were putting together a rocket to launch.
Thanks for coming down and for all your help and fun memories!
Wickman received his arrow of light scouting award. Way to go Wick!
Happy Birthday Paul!
One little, two little, three little Indians....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TENNESSEE! Just like magic, he started walking on his first birthday. I can't imagine our family with out this cute caboose. He makes us all smile.


Soccer season has come to a close. It was so much fun to attend all the games, even though it was hectic at times. All the kids did great! 'Til next fall.

Rainy Day fun.
They made an absolutely mess in the mud.

More birthday fun.
Cecelia played an Indian in her school play about Thanksgiving. She got to bring one guest (me) to a Thanksgiving feast afterward. Her class did a great job.
We met my parents and Katie and Brent in St. George, Utah for Thanksgiving weekend and had a great time together hiking, swimming, playing soccer and playing at the play ground.
I am so grateful for all the many blessings in my life including a wonderful family, an amazing husband, 6 fabulous children, the gospel of Jesus Christ and a living prophet, a warm house, the sunshine, the beauty of the earth, loyal friends and....I could go on forever. The Narrows.
The Feast. I think Cecelia was a little bit grumpy to be sitting with the little kids.
What do you think? The sweet potato souffle was my favorite part of the meal. Nanna and Bubba brought Truman from New York to give Liz some time to heal from giving birth to her little 2lb. baby girl. It was fun to have him play with his cousins. They really enjoyed him.
Nanna prepared an awesome feast! We had a real scare when the oven wouldn't work. After purchasing an electric roaster, the boys got the oven going. They saved the Thanksgiving
Day!
Happy Birthday....again. We got to celebrate once more!
Diaper Boy.
The kids got excited about raking the leaves. I couldn't complain about that.
Max and Syrelle braved their suits in a fall rainstorm. They couldn't resist staying out of the stream that runs down our street after a hard rain.

Phew. That was exhasting.

5 comments:

Ali said...

Oh how we love when you blog! Each picture is so fun. Your family is a joy to us and I wish we could have celebrated those birthdays and Thanksgiving with you all. Hopefully we can meet up in March.

AmberLou said...

I always love to see your posts and pictures! I love all your halloween costumes! You have the cutest kids ever! How are you and Paul doing? I have missed you and your family! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)

Liz Green said...

It was so much fun looking through your pictures. I love the title of your blog. So glad Truman could hang out with his cousins. Now lets just hope mom and dad get feeling better so we can see him soon.

BnK said...

It is so fun to see the pictures.

Nancy Page said...

I can't believe that I've been out of the blog world for two months. I sure do miss living up the street from you. I will never forget my Camp Verde years and close friends ;)
Maybe we can hook up Max and Afton later in life. I have to say "heartbreaker" when I saw him in his cowboy getup. so dang cute! Tennesse is so big, too. I found a little brown croqueted hat that you gave me that I was going tosend back for him, but I think that he nas probrablly outgrown it.
Your family is growing up so fast. Shipley looks like such a young lady. Very pretty.
Now that I've comments a novel... thanks for the post. I always enjoy the adventures of your fun family!