Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Joys of December...

And October. What is worse for a child to do than lick a toliet seat? Go to a petting zoo. Tennessee just couldn't get enough of the rabbits!



Our neighbor told us about this great little pumpkin patch where we could go and pick our own pumpkins,enjoy a petting zoo, ride a horse, and ride this little train. The older kids were at their soccer and football games so they missed out.



Sledding in Flagstaff was fun . . . minus the cold snow touching bare skin on the little ones wrists.



Case in point. Yes, I know you can read her non-verbals in this picture. "Mommy, my hands are cold!" Syrelle went home early with Aunt Natalie and we stayed for another hour or so.

Tennessee was a real trooper. I just pulled him along in this little sled and he was as content as could be (notice his missing hands and feet. I left his boots on the kitchen counter by accident so I just sealed off the snow suit with rubber bands.)





We are debating whether or not to get rid of the cat Syrelle got for Christmas, due to her allergies. We are having a hard time because she loves the silly thing so much.

Apparently Tennessee feels the same way.

I wish I could say that I made this beautiful cake, but I didn't. His sweet cub scout leader, Jana, did.

Wickman is a living miracle. I just can not believe that I haven't been in the emergency room with him yet. He is constantly jumping his bike or his scooter, riding down the steep back yard hill in the toddler rubbermaid car or his latest stunt, attempting back flips off the sofa. I am reminded of the the little nursery rhyme about the little girl with the little curl on her forehead, except replace her with a boy with straight thick hair. When he is good, he is very, very good, but when he is bad, he is naughty. Is that how it goes? What young boy doesn't tease his sisters and leave his dirty clothes on the floor constantly? Anyway, he is a very diligent student and is working away at the piano against his will. He has a great natural music ability and a distinct need to want to blow things up...and I mean explode things. He is very interested in explosives , guns, and rocket science. He scares me, but I love him. HAPPY 11th WICK!


We went to an awesome light show in Cornville for family night. It will now be a family tradition. All who are local and haven't been, I highly recommend it.


Wickman crossing over the bridge to become a boy scout. We are so proud of him.

And the angel said, "BE NOT AFRAID... I BRING YOU TIDINGS OF GREAT JOY!"

"The shepherds said one to another," LET US NOW GO EVEN UNTO BETHLEHEM..."



Highlights of the Holidays: Talking with family on the phone, seeing the kids so excited about shopping for and giving their $1.00 gifts to each other ( a tradition carried on from the Taylor family), 12 days of Christmas, sledding with cousins, the first presidency's message and finding out that Katie is pregnant.



The newest members of the family.

Temple lights.

Yes, we got snow. It was a Christmas miracle.

5 comments:

Ali said...

It warms my heart to read your posts! I'm still giggling over the rubber band hands on the T-man. I love it. I had to double check that I wasn't reading a tribute to Andrew when I was reading your sweet words about Wickman. They seem to be similar, don't you think?

I loved the Nativity pictures too. What a fun time of year. What do you do to combat the blahs of January!?

BnK said...

Love the pictures. Who has allergies? Syrelle or Celia? I need to call you and catch up. Do you want snow when you guys come in March or sun? I don't know which to pray for. Love you.

Mike Flegal said...

Love the post and all the pictures.. I miss you guys like CRAZY!!!
Hope to meet up with you in SLC for a Rendez-Vous..
Big hugs to all!
Uncle Mike

Liz Green said...

Fun looking through all your pictures. I can't believe in just another year Wickman will be in Young Mens.
How fun that you got snow for Christmas. I never would have guessed that would happen in Camp Verde.

Nancy Page said...

I love to read your posts and see how your family is growing. will the cat last longer than the dog?
And snow in Camp VErde! It only happened, I think, once while we were there. That's alot of snow. How fun.
miss you like crazy. thanks for sharing some of your momnets with us.